Follow BAFC 

Bishop Auckland FC

Bedlington Terriers v Bishop Auckland



FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round

Saturday 23rd September 2017

Bedlington Terriers 2-0 Bishop Auckland

Team: Young, Gilhesphy, Hoganson, Marron (79 mins Hall), Tobin, Griffiths, Bennett, Jury, McAloon, Thompson (72 mins Johnson), Goundry

Subs Unused: Johnson, Hall, Grant, Lovegreen, Robinson


Attendance: 71

Bishop headed North to Bedlington Terriers in a FA Vase 2nd round qualifier off the back off a 2-1 in mid-week over Jarrow Roofing. New signing Stephen Tobin was included in side with Daryl Hall dropping to the bench.

The match started with no real incident of note with both sides seeing their share of the ball, the first chance of the game came in the 15th minute when Michael Hoganson who cut in and laid the ball off to Griffiths who fired his shot wide of the Bedlington goal.

Bishop survived a penalty shout from Bedlington in the 25th minute, within a minute Bishop hit the Bedlington bar when Griffiths crashed a shot against the face of the bar following a Bishop corner.

3 minutes later Thompson robbed the Bedlington keeper of the ball but couldn’t force the ball home, after ball squirmed free to Goundry he couldn’t get the ball on target through a swam of Bedlington defenders.

Bishop were now in control and on 40 minutes McAloon fired another shot wide of the Bedlington upright. Couple of minutes later Hoganson delivered a great cross which some how McAloon couldn’t guide home.

The first half ended all square, would all of the missed chances come back to cost the Blues.

HT – Bedlington Terriers 0 – 0 Bishop Auckland

The first chance of the 2nd half fell to Bedlington after a mix up between the Bishop back line and goal keeper, Young recovered well to deny the Bedlington forward with his feet.

However it was only a minute later when Bedlington took the lead after a high cross in to the Bishop area, the Bedlington forward was on hand to head the ball home, 1-0 to the hosts.

Andrew Johnson was introduced to the game in the 71st minute in place of Stuart Thompson as Bishop searched for the equaliser to keep this seasons Vase hopes alive.

Only 4 minutes after coming on to the pitch Andrew Johnson was looked to have been taken out but the ref wasn’t convinced and decided against giving the Blues a penalty.

In the 79th minute Thomas Marron was replaced by Daryl Hall after picking up what looked to be a ham string injury, Hall’s first touch resulted in him gifting an opportunity to Bedlington which they took full advantage of to make the scoreline read 2-0 to the home side.

That’s how the game finished after a good first half full of chances, Bishop paid the price in the second half in which truth be told they never really got going. Well done to Bedlington who worked hard throughout and progress through to the next round of the competition.

FT – Bedlington Terriers 2 – 0 Bishop Auckland


Date Time League Season
Sat 23/09/2017 3:00 pm FA Vase 2017 - 2018


Doctor Pitt Welfare Park
Park Rd, Bedlington, Northumberland NE22 5DP, UK


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome
Bedlington Terriers022Win
Bishop Auckland000Loss

Bishop Auckland

# Player Position Goals Assists Yellow Cards Red Cards
Gareth YoungGoalkeeper0000
Thomas MarronDefender0000
Luke GilhespyDefender0000
Thomas McAloonForward0000
3Michael HogansonDefender0000
6John JuryMidfielder0000
7Priestly GriffithsMidfielder0000
11Andre BennettMidfielder0000
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Bishop Auckland FC Badge KO FT