Follow BAFC 

Bishop Auckland FC

Marske United v Bishop Auckland



EBAC Northern League Division One

Saturday 2nd September 2017

Marske 6-1 Bishop Auckland

Team: Robinson, Hart (Goundry 60 mins), Bennett, Gilhespy, Lovegreen, Griffiths, Thompson, Jury (Winship 73 mins), Trotter, Johnson, McAloon

Subs Unused: Williamson, Johnson

Goalscorers: Andrew Johnson

Attendance: 239

Bishop went in to the game against Marske off the back of winning their first 3 points of the season at home to Penrith on bank holiday Monday. A tough encounter was expected as Marske had a 100% record in the league and look to have built a good side again.

The game start evenly with the first real chance falling to Marske in the 5th minute, a mistake from Gilhespy allowed a Marske player in on goal with just the keeper to beat, the ball was slotted past the keeper with the whole ground thinking that it would result in the opening goal of the game, when it struck the post and back in to the safety of Bishop’s keeper Robinson.

Only a minute had passed when Johnson had a great curling effort saved well by Dean in the Marske goal.

However the opening goal of the game came in the 10th minute when Wheatley header home from a curling cross to put Marske 1-0 to the good.

The first half continued to be an even affair with both side having a lot of the ball without creating any clear cut chances.

Ex Bishop winger Fairley was looking dangerous on his Marske debut and in the 20th minute he hit a shot in to the side netting of the Bishop goal.

In the 25th minute Bennett fizzed a shot just over the Marske crossbar, the first half remained goalless and the half finished 1-0 to Markse.

HT – Marske 1 – 0 Bishop Auckland

The second half started as the first ended both sides seeing the ball with out creating any clear chances, but on 55 minutes a wicked cross was put in to the Bishop area the first header from a Marske player was saved by Robinson but was eventually force over the line by Danny Earl to make the scoreline 2-0 in the home sides favour. This was the goal that changed the complex of the game.

Markse were now well on top and creating chances at will, in the 74th minute James Fairley got a goal on his debut when he curled a sublime effort in to the top corner to increase his sides lead to 3-0.

4 minutes later Bishop did however pull a goal back when Andrew Johnson struck the ball home, we only had to wait a few minutes until James Fairley added his second of the afternoon to restore Marske’s 3 goal advantage, 4-1 to Marske.

In the 83rd minute Marske sub Connor short added to Bishop woe by adding his sides fifth of the afternoon and minutes later Reece Kelly completed the rout when he slotted the ball home to make the score 6-1 to Marske. 

That’s how the game finished 6-1 to Marske, Bishop did well for 65 minutes and competed well, once the second goal was added it changed the complex of the game and Marske were dominant.  

Next up for the Blues is a date with local rivals West Auckland at Heritage Park this coming Wednesday evening.

FT – Marske 6 – 1 Bishop Auckland



Date Time League Season
Sat 02/09/2017 3:00 pm NL1 2017 - 2018


The GER Statium
Mount Pleasant Ave, Marske-by-the-Sea, Redcar TS11 7BW


Club1st Half2nd HalfGoalsOutcome
Marske United156Win
Bishop Auckland011Loss

Bishop Auckland

# Player Position Goals Assists Yellow Cards Red Cards
1Carl RobinsonGoalkeeper0000
2Aidan Hart 12Defender0010
3Andre BennettMidfielder0000
4Luke GilhespyDefender0000
5Matthew LovegreenDefender0000
6Priestly GriffithsMidfielder0000
7Stuart ThompsonMidfielder0000
8John Jury 14Midfielder0000
9Ben TrotterMidfielder0000
10Andrew JohnsonForward1000
11Thomas McAloonForward0000
12Alex Goundry 2Midfielder0000
14Jake Winship 8Midfielder0000
15Ryu WilliamsonForward0000
16Regan BlakeyForward0000
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Bishop Auckland FC Badge KO FT