Follow BAFC 

Bishop Auckland FC

Match Report – Bad Start, Never Recovered

Match Report – Bad Start, Never Recovered

Bishops visited Sunderland RCA in a confident mood following a run of 3 consecutive victories. On loan keeper Edward Wilcznski kept his place in goal following the return of Mark Bell and with the in-form Priestly Griffiths unavailable Sean Tarling took his place in midfield.

Confidence soon changed to shock and horror when Sunderland RCA kicking down the slope scored three goals in the first 10 minutes. RCA’s new signing Jonny Wrightman scored after only once minute and then two minutes later he crossed the ball from the RCA left for Charlton to head home to make it 2-0. Then on 10 minutes Liam Hatch made it 3-0.

With Bishop’s top scorer Andrew Johnson’s first three kicks of the ball being taking the re-start after the goals he found himself in possession of the ball following a good pass by McCarthy and he rounded the keeper to make it 3-1 and give the good Bishop’s following a hope that something might be salvaged in this game.

Unfortunately as the game progressed it looked increasing unlikely that there would be no further goals from Bishop. Whilst RCA worked hard for each other they always looked a side that could be beaten but on this occasion there were too many poor individual performances by the Bishops players and a really good save by Wilcznski prevented RCA from adding to their score.
Manager Steve Riley told the Northern Echo: We gifted them some easy goals early in the game which you can’t do at this level. The players looked a bit leggy and didn’t put enough pressure on RCA or reach the standards they set in the previous four games.”

Bishops next match is at home to Morpeth on Wednesday evening kick off 7:45pm

Bishop: Wilcznski, Thompson, Hoganson, Purewal, Colquhoun, Tarling (Jury), Orritt (Ward), Nicholls, Johnson, McCarthy, Smith (Woodhouse)

Subs not used: Bell (GK), Zambra

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.